DUBROOM MP3 REVIEW
WWW, June 2008 - The people behind Stop that Train know how to be creative with the drum and bass driven music that they present on their excellent Podcasts. Download another episode of this blessed piece of work, destined to uplift the heart and soul of everyone who feels it!
Next to Stop That Train, the UK based collective also releases impressive DUB explorations and intelligent remixes under the name Version Big-Fi. Next to a more-than-interesting selection of versatile DUB works, episode number thirteen contains their latest production as well as a noteworthy remix of the 1980's electronic classic "Blue Monday", originally released by a group called "New Order".
As the music moves us from track to track, we're being taken on another DUB journey that shows us the many different sides of this technique that continues to influence almost all contemporary genres of music, at least those that matter.
DUB From The Top To The Very Last Drop: Can You Handle It?
01. Dub Plate Vibes Crew - Dub Zone
02. Dirty Dub Fakirs - Xterminator Dub
03. Messian Dread - 2008 A Dub Odyssey
04. Small Axe (Aka The Ruts) - Target (Moat Mix)
05. Version Big-Fi - This Is The Law (Big-Fi Dub)
06. Sir Coxsone Sound - Psalms 87.2
07. Ricky Storm (I Kong) - The Way It Is / Version
08. Version Big-Fi - vs New Order - Blue Monday (Remix)
09. Cotti & Cluekid - Sensi Dub
10. Port Brasta Crew - Entopy Dub
11. Dub Tribute To Radiohead - A Wolf At The Door
12. The Bug Feat, Killa P & Flow Dan - Skeng (Version Big-Fi Mix)
13. Smiley Culture - Cockney Translation
14. The Granville Williams Orchestra - Popeye Ska