DUBROOM MP3 REVIEW
WWW, October 2008 - Just why "The Day The Dollar Die" by Peter Tosh isn't included in this topical selection, is a mystery. It would definitely have been better than the few non-Reggae tunes with which the Podcast starts.
When you don't like, eer, let's say, early American Music like rock 'n' roll, then the advise is to skip the first 11 minutes and 48 seconds. You did miss out on one ska tune, but you also missed out on some music that the Dubroom will leave unreviewed as well.
In other words, yes we skipped it too.
After all, it's a crisis time and the financial crisis is more than a fact at the time the Podcast was created and this review was written. One bank after the other falls down, or into government hands, and the title of that Peter Tosh tune which is definitely a big miss in this Podcast, can be the newspaper headlines of tomorrow.
The dollar may die, Reggae will not. The non-Reggae played in the Podcast may be too dated for most, the Reggae is not.
For which we give thanks.
01. The miracles – money
02. Jimmy Witherspoon - money's gettin' cheaper
03. Willie Jones – where’s my money
04. Al & The Vibrators - money or love
05. Barrett Strong – money
06. Jumbo Sterling - slave driver
07. Marcia Griffiths – working
08. Slim Smith - rougher yet
09. Laurel Aitken - landlords & tenants
10. The Ethiopians - everything crash
11. Bill Gentles - take the rod
12. Tito Simon - money hard to come by
13. Delroy Wilson – money
14. Shelton Walks - no money no friend
15. Enos McLeod - money worries
16. Barry Biggs - work all day
17. Owen Gray- ain’t got no money
18. George Grossett - no money no love
19. The Silvertones - financial crisis
20. Derrick Morgan - people's decision
21. U Brown - manners