Friday, October 24, 2008

TWO SERVER ISSUES

TWO SERVER ISSUES
FROM THE DUBROOM WEBMASTER




WWW, October 23 2008 - The Dubroom Webmaster would like to ask your attention concerning two issues with the Dubroom server, as Yahoo puts their mark where they shouldn't do it and fail to update material that should be updated!

Greetings!

Yesterday I woke up and saw a Yahoo "Favicon" on the Dubroom website. A "Favicon" is a little graphic file that is displayed in your browser's address field on top.

I was not amused, as I had to find out what a favicon was and tried to get the Yahoo thing of my website by making my own. That didn't happen.

I was now pissed off, I can tell you. Even though I can imagine that they kind of make a favicon and then give us the opportunity to change it into our own, even though that in itself would have been an unethical thing. After all, it is like you rent a house but then the guy who rent it to you puts his own mark on there without you even asking it.

I asked a comment from Yahoo and didn't get it. So I made a remark on the Dubroom Front Page and it is going to stay on there until they change it.

Yes, I'm pissed.

I have another reason to be pissed.

As you may or may not know, the Dubroom has an MP3 spotlight. This is an extra attention given to an artist or podcast. To draw attention, I have a graphic file called spotlight.jpg linking to a page spotlight.htm and I simply update the picture and the page, while keeping the same filename.

Today, October 23, I changed the MP3 spotlight. The pages change as I wanted, but not the picture. I even deleted the picture from the website, re-uploaded it, but the old one stays there. No, it's no issue at my computer cause I use several.

Again I wrote to Yahoo customer "service". But the fact that I subsequently wrote this little update which I plan to post on the Dubroom front-page tomorrow indicates my expectations.

I am pissed at Yahoo for doing these things. I find them unacceptable and when they continue to do this, I will definitely change providers.

I'll keep you posted.

Messian Dread (Dubroom Webmaster)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on this article! We welcome every thoughfull response, whether positive or negative. However, we will not be able to post insultive or abusive comments, neither shall we allow irrelevant spam.

Although you can comment anonymous, we do ask you to use a name so that comments will be a bit overseeable for the reader(s). To read a discussion where every poster is "anonymous" could be a bit confusing, after all...

Visit the Dubroom!

Our NETLABEL releases music from the Dubroom Studio and that of others and our WEBSTORE has some interesting releases too. We also have tons of REVIEWS on MP3's, VIDEO's, ALBUMS, BOOKS, WEBSITES, and MORE. Especially for the (online) artists, there is an artists-only STUDIO. Additionally, we have several research and information websites on BABYLON, CHRISTIANITY, and RASTAFARI. Also check out our ARTICLES and get in touch with other visitors on our MESSAGE BOARD. Or stay up-to-date by subscribing to one or more of our MAILING LISTS. Find all Dubroom features at our SITE MAP. When something is unclear, you can always check our FAQ or use the search engine to find what you're looking for. And ofcourse, you can allways CONTACT us.