DUBROOM MP3 REVIEW
WWW, October 2007 - In the early 1990's, the drum computer and other digital technologies had definitely taken over the Jamaican Studio's and Dancehalls.
It all started in the mid 1980's with the Sleng-Teng riddim, a production by Prince Jammy's. It was the first digital production and the people loved it. The Digital Revolution was a fact!
Many people complain about these technologies. Let's call them preterists: people with a rather unhealthy love for the past. Drum computers and programming music would kill creativity, was the claim.
Well, this podcasts proofs them wrong from the top to the very last drop.
When you hear Dennis Brown, for example, singing out from his heart and soul or Frankie Paul who basically does the same, any claim that this music has no heart and soul is beyond the comprehension of the writer of this review.
So let the drum and bass lines of this great mix of programmed and played material make you skank heavy while the singers give you food for thought and love...
01. Pull Your String Cohesion Exterminator 1990
02. Flex Out Studio Case Exterminator 1990
03. Come With Me Dennis Brown Shocking Vibes 1992
04. To Have And To Hold Dennis Brown Power Matic 1992
05. Promise Land Frankie Paul Champion Records 1992
06. Everything I've Got Garnett Silk Penthouse 1992
07. No More Will I Roam Dennis Brown Jammys 1993
08. Putting Up Resistance Beres Hammond Tappa 1992
09. Love Is The Answer Junior Reid Tappa 1992
10. Good Man Scarce Junior Reid J.R. Sound 1990
11. No More Walls Dennis Brown Two Friends 1990
12. Love In Your Heart Dennis Brown Tappa 1992
DOWNLOAD BROADCAST (MP3)
MORE FROM THIS BROADCASTER