DUBROOM MP3 REVIEW
WWW, April 2008 - What do Ticklah, the African Brothers, Ossie Dellimore, Rob Symeon and Antibalas have in common? Indeed: a Brooklyn Connection. And what better to have one of the locals show us the sound? Indeed: DJ Dr. Tahl is in the house and he knows how to spell N.E.W.Y.O.R.K.
Where the main storyline of Reggae Music can be found in Jamaica and the UK, in reality the rhythm of the drum and bass line has inspired people all over the world with the result that only a Global Spotlight will reveal the true influence of the music that we love so much.
DJ Dr Tahl is a Brooklyn based DJ who knows his Reggae and his own neighborhood. Reggae's history in Brooklyn dates back to the 1970's and continues until this day, which you can hear in this podcast.
Carefully mixed together into one non-stop mix, the doctor provides us with 55 minutes of Brooklyn based (DUB) Reggae and a slice of what our host describes as "Afrobeat/Funk" in his extensive liner notes.
01. Ticklah- Answer Me
02. Ticklah - Rescue Me
03. Ticklah - Descent
04. Ticklah - Two Face
05. The African Brothers - Dubb Affe Make it
06. The African Brothers - All Night In Dub
07. Ossie Dellimore - To The Limit
08. Ossie Dellimore - A Better Way
09. Ossie Dellimore - The System
10. Ticklah ft Rob Symeon - Pork Eater
11. Rob Symeon - Cold Outside
12. Rob Symeon - The Chosen One
13. The African Brothers - Mysterious Nature
14. Antibalas - I.C.E.
15. Antibalas - Dirt and Blood